Weatherization works to make qualifying homes more energy efficient while reducing the costs of utilities for low-income households. Households who qualify for LIHEAP are automatically qualified for weatherization. Weatherization services are available in Dubuque, Delaware and Jackson Counties and are run out of the Dubuque office.
This program reduces homeowners’ energy costs by:
- Sealing air leaks in walls, floors and ceilings
- Insulating attics and walls
- Replacing unsafe furnaces and water heaters
- Installing high-efficiency light bulbs
- Replacing refrigerators and freezers for high energy users
- Installing low-flow shower heads
- Insulating hot water pipes
Households that qualify for this program will be placed on a priority list, which is computed from the client’s fuel usage, with priority given to high fuel users. Households receive a preliminary energy audit that determines the work that will be done.
Our weatherization does not provide the following services:
- Remodeling or renovation
- Install storm doors or windows
- Repair or replace roof or siding